Tuesday, January 11, 2011

UFC 125 POST-FIGHT: Chris Leben gives Brian Stann credit for TKO win; Stann wants Wanderlei Silva next

By: Laramey Leet, MMATorch Contributor

UFC_125_poster_180_10.jpeg
The following are key excerpts from Brian Stann and Chris Leben regarding their UFC 125 co-main event bout during the UFC 125 post-fight press conference. Stann defeated Leben by TKO in the first round.

Chris Leben:

"I give all of the credit to my opponent. I was not on today. I did some things well, but I did most things bad. My opponent did an excellent job and my hat's off to him."


Brian Stann:

"The first key was Chris accepting the fight, he is a bigger name fighter and he could have waited on a more well known fighter, but he is a true fighter and he took the fight. So I really want to thank him."

"I have great coaches, the best in the world. Chris gets very frustrated with fighters that move a lot or change angles, and we knew that. I wanted to attack the body then go for the knockout. I practiced on not punching myself out, because Chris can recuperate so fast."

"I should have made the move to [middleweight] sooner, but I had no experience or knowledge on cutting weight. I use to walk around at 205 lbs. I noticed the strength difference when I fought Phil Davis. You need the losses to help you with experience."

"I am in this to fight the best so I want to fight whoever I need to fight to be a top ten fighter. I just hope that it is not a wrestler; I hope I filled my spot and I can fight a stand up guy."

"I am fighting in the house that some amazing fighters have fought in and I want to fight some of those guys. No disrespect what so ever, but I really want to fight Wanderlie Silva next, he is a multi weight champion and I would love to fight a legend."

Source: http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_8015.shtml

Michael Bisping Jon Fitch Thiago Alves Jake Shields

No comments:

Post a Comment